Monday, August 9, 2010

Review: Kiss It by Erin Downing


From Goodreads:
A girl's gotta do who a girl's gotta do.

Chastity Bryan has never been shy about going after what she wants. And when sexy, mysterious, so-not-from-this-town Sebastian walks into Chaz's life, she knows in an instant that what she wants next is him. Chaz has no intention of playing for keeps—but she most definitely has intentions. Who needs true love when you've got true lust?

Sebastian has no idea what he's in for—but maybe neither does Chaz?

My Review:

I really wanted to like this book, but it just didn't click with me. I bought this book thinking it would be a light and funny read, which was not what I got at all. I felt really depressed throughout the whole story and there really weren't that many happy moments in this book, besides the few times Sebastian showed up. Chaz doesn't really know what she wants, other than the fact that she wants out of Milton. She lies to her parents and her supposed best friend. She messes around with too many boys in my opinion, even when Sebastian was in the picture! I just didn't understand her motivation, I couldn't relate to her at all. She was way too sex crazed and I really didn't like how she gave herself up to boys who she didn't care about. The secondary characters were not at all interesting and I got to the point where I really didn't care what happened to them.

The only redeemable thing for me in this book was Sebastian! He was a hottie and so dreamy but didn't get much page time until the end. He was really a question mark throughout the whole book and I couldn't wait to find out the story behind him! Sebastian is the main reason why this book gets more than 2 stars.

I really hate having to give this book a not-so-good review, but it just didn't resonate with me. It makes me sad to give this review, as I know the author put a lot of work into this, but I want to be honest. Maybe there are others out there who will/do love this book but I can't say that I will recommend this to any of my friends.

My Rating:

3 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that's too bad. The plot does sounds fun but it's unfortunate it didn't quite meet expectations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was really excited to read Kiss It and thought I would love it! I was so disappointed. =(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin