Saturday, August 28, 2010

Review: Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens



Received From Author For Review

From Goodreads:
I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoë's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoë lost in her broken life. Zoë escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoë's autistic sister. After Zoë is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever.

My Review:

If I had to choose just one word to describe this book, it would be: AMAZING. From the very first page, I was enthralled by the world of Heavenly and I couldn't stop reading until the very last page.

Zoe is a well-rounded girl who has her fair share of problems. She feels ignored by her family because of her autistic sister and uses alcohol to escape the pain. She feels so frustrated that life has dealt her with an autistic sister and wishes that her family could go back to being the way it was before Adria was born. Then, her life is turned upside down when Matthias steps into the picture and Zoe slowly begins to fall in love and put the pieces of her life back together.

Zoe is a very relatable main character and I feel for what she has to go through. With her brother turning into a drug addict and her family slowly falling apart, she really pulls through with the help of Matthias' positive influence. I enjoyed seeing her character grow and was especially sad when I came to the end of Heavenly. The romance between her and Mattias was so touching and beautiful. Matthias was such an amazing hero and left me in need of a Matthias of my own. The ending really changes things up and I am eager to see what Penitence will have in store for their love story!

I am so in love with Matthias' and Zoe's story and I am definitely eager for more. This book was so incredibly breathtaking and I think anyone who hasn't read Heavenly needs to! You won't regret taking a chance on this amazing story of love, heartache, frustration, hope, and joy. I am in now in need of Penitence ASAP!

My Rating:

5 Stars

4 comments:

  1. Great review! Heavenly sounds soo good, and I should be reading it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, great review! This book sounds really sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard nothing but great things about Heavenly. I love angels, so I really want to pick it up. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review. I haven't heard that much about this book but seeing that it's so good, I'm adding it to my wishlist. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin