Sunday, August 15, 2010

Review: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel


From Goodreads:
Lenah Beaudonte is, in many ways, your average teen: the new girl at Wickham Boarding School, she struggles to fit in enough to survive and stand out enough to catch the eye of the golden-boy lacrosse captain. But Lenah also just happens to be a recovering five-hundred-year-old vampire queen. After centuries of terrorizing Europe, Lenah is able to realize the dream all vampires have -- to be human again. After performing a dangerous ritual to restore her humanity, Lenah entered a century-long hibernation, leaving behind the wicked coven she ruled over and the eternal love who has helped grant her deep-seated wish.

Until, that is, Lenah draws her first natural breath in centuries at Wickham and rediscovers a human life that bears little resemblance to the one she had known. As if suddenly becoming a teenager weren’t stressful enough, each passing hour brings Lenah closer to the moment when her abandoned coven will open the crypt where she should be sleeping and find her gone. As her borrowed days slip by, Lenah resolves to live her newfound life as fully as she can. But, to do so, she must answer ominous questions: Can an ex-vampire survive in an alien time and place? What can Lenah do to protect her new friends from the bloodthirsty menace about to descend upon them? And how is she ever going to pass her biology midterm?

My Review:
This book was AMAZING! From page 1, I was enthralled with Lenah's story and I was sad when the book came to an end. Once I started reading Infinite Days, I was Lenah.

Maizel has such an original take on vampires and I enjoyed learning about vampires from her perspective. Most vampire stories on the shelves have the same lore and are very predictable. This book introduced me to so many new concepts and each one was explained in a way that makes it believeable.

Lenah was a great heroine and I loved seeing her growth throughout the story. After Rhode sacrifices himself in order for her to be remade into a human, she was determined to make sure his sacrifice was not made in vain. Lenah's story took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. I giggled, got angry and cried right along side Lenah. I reveled in her flashbacks and the history behind her and Rhode.

Rhode was by far my favorite character in the story! Even though he is a vampire and not meant to feel pure, unselfish love, his love for Lenah was obvious and he sacrifices everything for her. I really wished that he wouldn't have died so soon, as he was such an amazing character. There were flashbacks with him and Lenah but I still felt saddened to know that he wasn't there in the present times.

I really didn't feel much love for Justin. I felt like he and Lenah fell in love too fast and it wasn't that believeable for me. I kept hoping that Rhode would swoop in and steal Lenah away from him! I didn't feel the chemistry between him and Lenah that I felt between Rhode and Lenah. Justin was the only thing in the story that I really didn't care for.

The ending to this book left me hanging and I NEED the sequel, Stolen Nights, right now. There is a little teaser from Stolen Nights in the back but the last sentence made me want Stolen Nights even more, if that's possible!

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an engaging paranormal read. Run, don't walk, to the nearest bookstore if you don't have Infinite Days!
My Rating:

5 Stars

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Infinite Days too! I totally agree about how Lena and Justin's relationship progressed so quickly, and like you, I was instantly falling for Rhode. So can't wait to see what happens in Stolen Nights. ^.~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Rhode too! Though, like you said, Justin didn't do anything for me. After the ending, I'm curious to see what will happen in Stolen Nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a story about a vampire regaining their humanity. I know they talk about it, but this sounds interesting. I've been seeing this book alot around the blogosphere, maybe it's time to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound very intriguing but I'll have to fight my vamp-prejudice to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this book too! Lena was such an awesome protagonist. I can't wait for the second book. What a cliff-hanger right?


    Kerleisha @ Collegiate Bookworm

    P.S I did IB in high school as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you liked this. I'm very excited for it too! I was just looking at your profile pic. I really like your sunglasses. I'm from Arizona too although I live in Minnesota now.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book too, I was really glad that it had the teaser from Stolen Nights because without that the ending of the book would have drove me crazier then it already did.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin