Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa


From Goodreads:
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

My Review:
Wow. That was all I had to say after finishing this book. There were so many plot twists that occurred in the Iron Daughter. I didn't want to put this book down once I picked it up! Just when I think everything is going to be alright for the time being, then BAM something big and shocking happens and I just have to continue reading to find out what the outcome will be!

I didn't think it was possible for the Iron Daughter to be better than 5 Stars Iron King but I was wrong. I don't think so many words could possibly express how amazing this book is! I was on an emotional roller coaster ride! Laughing one moment, then crying, then yelling at the characters!

The action in this book is non stop. My mind never got a rest. Things would jump out at the most unsuspecting moments! I don't know how Meghan got through all of the events in this book with as little rest as she got.

There is also a lot of romance happening. Puck is thrown into the Meghan and Ash equation making for a very intriguing love triangle! I have to say, at times I was leaning toward Puck but Ash always brought me back to reality! Ash and Meghan love each other so much and there are so many things that they have to concur before they can even think of a future together. I was even more in love with Ash after finishing this book!

The ending of the Iron Daughter was bittersweet and makes me want the Iron Queen right away! Why does February have to be so far away? If you have never read this series, I encourage you to go out now and get both books! You will want to have the Iron Daughter sitting beside you after finishing the Iron King!

Thank you, Julie, for creating this amazing world for me to visit!

My Rating:

5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I plan to read The Iron King next week. Hope I like it as much as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm waiting for my copy to come in! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin