I just recently found out about and signed up for the Book Bloggers and Publishers Online Conference! It is going to be held from April 13-17th. The best part of it is that it is all online and you don't have to travel anywhere! I hear that it is very helpful for all bloggers and that we will learn a whole lot. As a bonus, bloggers who register will get tons of free books that are donated by the publishers! Who could resist the chance to learn how to be a better blogger AND get some really cool books along with that???
Here is a little info on the panels that will be held during the week:
- Legal Issues and Book Blogging - everything a blogger should know about disclosing book sources, the FTC guidelines and the new blog subscription system via Amazon and copyright issues.
- The Financial Side of Book Blogging – as affiliates, what do we need to claim on our taxes? Does our revenue have to reach a certain level before we’re liable? Is monetizing our sites really worth it?
- Audio Books – How to get them and how to review them.
- Publisher Blogs
- What Publishers Look For in a Blog – find out what publishers want to see in a review site.
- Vlogs?!? What are They? How do They Work? – how long should they be? What’s their draw? Tips and hints to make them better.
- Young Adult Books, What is Coming Out and Who is Reading
- Reviewing under 18? – Tips on being professional and how to approach publishers.
- Is YA White Washed? – What can be talked about? What goes to far? Is realism lost?
- YA Blogging Over 30? 40? 50? – approaching the genre from a different perspective and the authors writing it.
- What Publicity Departments Do – Hear from the houses and better understand what they are looking for.
- Self Publishing is Changing – What do we think? Why authors are choosing it and how self-publishing works. With the changing technology, as reviewers, are we more willing to review these titles?
- PopUp PublishersP - Where are they all coming from?!? – Finding and reviewing new publishers. What are we looking for when we read their books?
- Reviewing: Print vs. Ebooks
- Single vs Multiple Reviewer Sites – Pros and Cons
- A Mission Statement for Your Blog
- Attending Live Events as a Blogger – Hear from bloggers who have attended Romantic Times Book Lovers Convention, Authors After Dark, and the Book Expo of America.
- Promoting Your Site – Discussion on both passive and active marketing ideas.
- Negative and Positive Reviews and Why both are Needed
- Authors, Bloggers, Publishers Behaving Badly
- Blogger Burnout – Learn different approaches for getting over the burn.
- Time Management -
- What Bloggers WANT – publishers are not mind readers, what would make it easier for us?
- The Design & Technical Side of Blogging – Learn how to track stats; the intricacies of Technorati, Feedburn, Google Friend Connect, etc; HTML & CSS tricks.
- How to Help Authors Give Us What We Want
I hope I will see some of you there!