Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

May 3, 2011
Simon Pulse
Synopsis:
Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.
Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.


My Review:
Jeri Smith-Ready has done it again! She seamlessly weaves together a tragic and heartfelt story full of surprises and romance that singes the pages. I cannot get enough of this series!! I just want to dive in the pages and never leave the world that Smith-Ready has crafted. She ends it on a stunning note that will have you dying for SHINE.

Aura is one determined and amazing girl! I don't know what I would do if I was in her shoes. The whole her being the first post-Shift baby born makes her life extremely complicated, added to that her love triangle with Logan and Zach. I don't care that Logan is a ghost, I can see why Aura can't resist him! He is too yummy for his own good. And then there is Zach with his Scottish background. WOW. Just plain wow. I would want to be in Aura's place, but at the same time it is just a tad complicated.

There is so much at stake in SHIFT. Aura and Zach come closer to discovering what led to the Shift and in doing so learn things about their background that are way to messed up to fully comprehend. Smith-Ready sure throws some whammies at her characters and readers! I DID NOT expect what led to Aura's birth. Craziness, I tell you.

I have to say, Smith-Ready is great at getting my emotions going. I didn't expect to have SHIFT read in a mere few hours, but that's what happened. I couldn't stop turning the pages! Especially when the twists were thrown in, and there were quite a few of those. I have to say, I do love me some Zach, but there were quite a few moments in the story where I wanted to scream at him!! Why must guys be so hard-headed?

SHINE has to be on shelves tomorrow, it just has to be! I don't know how I am going to wait five months for its release. But don't let that stop you from picking this one up! It is a captivating and outstanding sequel to SHADE.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin