Thursday, January 19, 2012

Review: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

January 31, 2012
HarperTeen

Synopsis:
NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.


My Review:
The first time I saw the cover for INCARNATE, I fell in love with it. I didn't care what I had to do, I had to get this book in my hands, if only so I could pet the cover. Well, even though the cover is beyond beautiful, the story surpassed the cover for me. That's how good it is. If I had to choose just one word to describe INCARNATE, I wouldn't be able to. It is so much more than a single word can describe. Addictive, compelling, GORGEOUS, breathtaking, captivating, delightful, delicious, magnificent, mesmerizing...those are what come to mind when I think about INCARNATE. I am so sad that I finished it so quickly because I didn't want to leave this world!

I really want to give Ana a HUGE hug. The poor girl didn't have any choice in the matter of being born, yet the society still punishes her for it. They ignore her, throw her hateful looks, and call her filthy names like "nosoul". Ana is not a nosoul at all. She is beautiful inside and out. She is a bit skittish from living with her evil mother Li for 18 years of her short life, but it is very understandable considering how Li treated her.

Can I just give Meadows a big hug for creating a protagonist like Sam? He is one of my absolute favorite love interest of YA. His heart is big enough to open up to let Ana is, and he doesn't let Ana's circumstances dictate how he treats her. He never once acted rude or obnoxious, but showed how beautiful his soul is. I LOVE Sam and I cannot wait for more of him in the next novel.

The action is aplenty in INCARNATE. Within a few chapters, Ana has already had two near death experiences! Talk about a rough few days. The lore and the creatures like sylph and dragons drew me in and I absorbed every bit of information about them. I am so glad I don't have to deal with those beings!

The whole idea of reincarnation has always fascinated me, so it's no surprise that I love this book so much. Meadows doesn't skimp on the information, but at the same time she waits for the perfect time to reveal the bits and pieces. The end of INCARNATE is when things really get interesting and readers learn the answers to the questions they've had swirling around their heads for the last 300 pages.

When INCARNATE hits stores, I am definitely going to be picking up a finished copy. It will be going on the keeper shelf for sure. Don't pass up INCARNATE when you spot it in stores. The story is just as amazing as the cover.


My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. YAY I FOUND YOUR BLOG! I've just been getting the "transferring to Wordpress" post for what seems like forever now and then today I finally could see your review. WOO HOO!

    SO glad you loved this one too, I just adored it! I agree completely with you on Sam, he is one of my new favorite characters. And I wanted to hug Ana too, she was so adorable:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin