Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough


Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
August 1, 2011
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Synopsis:
The adventures of Tam and Gabriel continue with more time travel, Talents, spy work, and of course, the evil Knights.

Since the gripping conclusion of Once A Witch, Tamsin Greene has been haunted by her grandmother's prophecy that she will soon be forced to make a crucial decision—one so terrible that it could harm her family forever. When she discovers that her enemy, Alistair Knight, went back in time to Victorian-era New York in order to destroy her family, Tamsin is forced to follow him into the past. Stranded all alone in the nineteenth century, Tamsin soon finds herself disguised as a lady's maid in the terrifying mansion of the evil Knight family, avoiding the watchful eye of the vicious matron, La Spider, and fending off the advances of Liam Knight. As time runs out, both families square off in a thrilling display of magic. And to her horror, Tamsin finally understands the nature of her fateful choice.


My Review:
ALWAYS A WITCH is a brilliant sequel to ONCE A WITCH. Our favorite characters are back, and the story continues with Alistair's evil schemes that Tamsin has to try to prevent. The moments between Tamsin and Gabriel are as sweet as ever and their relationship always manages to bring a smile to my face. Oh, and let's not forget Rowena, Tamsin's sister, who is a total bridezilla. Tamsin sure has her hands full in this one!

Tamsin is one of my favorite protagonist. Her unique voice never fails to shine through, and I can easily empathize with her crazy life! In this novel, she has to venture into the past in order to save her family, this time without the aid of her beloved Gabriel. Tamsin's insight into the past is fascinating and the trials she endures made me fear for her. The stakes are higher in ALWAYS A WITCH, and Tamsin is sure up for the challenge.

ALWAYS A WITCH is an enchanting follow-up to ONCE A WITCH and will surely make you happy. I actually ended up liking this one even more than its predecessor, so I can assure you that you are in for a treat! And if you haven't yet read the first in this series, ONCE A WITCH, you are missing out!

My Rating:

3 comments:

  1. Second books usually do not work as well as the first so it is good to know that this one is even better. Need to get this series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Tamsin and Gabriel - they're such a sweet couple! I feel the same way about Tamsin - she definitely has a unqiue voice - such a lovable character! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! This is next up on my list to read, I'm so glad you thought it was a great sequel. I always worry I won't like the sequel as much:) Thanks Bailey!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin