1. He is one angry guy.
2. His anger is justified.
3. He takes his rage out on Victor Konig.
4. His grandfather blames him for his grandmother’s death.
5. His apartment isn’t what you’d call a loving environment. It’s the polar opposite.
6. He works at the Salvation Army store. Salvy for short.
7. Bull likes to read but he’d never admit it in public. In fact, he’d probably knock me out for announcing it here on this blog.
8. His favorite place to read is the cemetery. No one shouts at him or comes at him with guns loaded.
9. He loves his BMX bike more than any human being in his life.
10. He never though in a million years that he’d end up in the psych ward with Victor as his roommate. But, yeah, he does.
Cracked by K.M. Walton
January 3, 2012
Sometimes there's no easy way out.
Victor hates his life. He has no friends, gets beaten up at school, and his parents are always criticizing him. Tired of feeling miserable, Victor takes a bottle of his mother's sleeping pills—only to wake up in the hospital.
Bull is angry, and takes all of his rage out on Victor. That makes him feel better, at least a little. But it doesn't stop Bull's grandfather from getting drunk and hitting him. So Bull tries to defend himself with a loaded gun.
When Victor and Bull end up as roommates in the same psych ward, there's no way to escape each other or their problems. Which means things are going to get worse—much worse—before they get better….