Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (41)

February 14, 2012
Tor Teen

Synopsis:
New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC have been abandoned.

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police — instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior — instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested don’t usually come back.

17-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren’t always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. That life in the United States used to be different.

In the three years since the war ended, Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the Federal Bureau of Reformation. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow. That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And what’s worse, one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings…the only boy Ember has ever loved.


Why I'm Excited:
This romance sounds sooo good and I love dystopian novels!! 2012 seems to be a year for fabulous debuts!

20 comments:

  1. This one sounds so good and I really like the cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to this one! It was my wow a few weeks ago. Nice pick, Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for this either! I am sure it is going to be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! and yet another book that I now want to read :D

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this book so much! excellent choice

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!! I can't wait to read this one, too. I'm a total dystopia glutton, lol. AWESOME pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to reading this one as well! That cover is just awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for this one! Love the cover too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, this one sounds awesome! I hadn't really heard much about it before, but now I'm super excited for it! :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This had me until the last sentance "And what’s worse, one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings…the only boy Ember has ever loved." Really? Worse than them taking your mom? Still sounds interesting though. Thanks for the suggestion!

    Please check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this cover! Great pick!

    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of this book but it looks awesome!

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-9-tempest.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm already looking forward to some of the 2012 debuts too. I don't usually like dystopians but I've got this one on my wishlist because I like its premise and the sound of the romance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree 2012 has some amazing looking books. I'm curious to find out what exactly her mother did to violate Article 5 (and what is article 5).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I hadn't heard of this before, but it sounds awesome! I'm really intrigued by the synopsis - great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. GAH! Arrested for reading the wrong books?? Noooo! I don't want to live in this a world like that, but I'd like to *read* about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Respective technology and entertaintment blog it is. I have been long looking for some nice blogs. Very enlightening article it is for read anyone.Register a Domain

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very informative article you have got here. I love reading this kind of stuff. This is truly a great read for me. I hope to see more articles from you.


    website hostings

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin