I am so excited to be one of the host's for the IF I DIE by Rachel Vincent Kismet Book Tour. I have for you an interview with Nash and a giveaway for 2 copies of IF I DIE.
1. What was it like being addicted to Demon’s breath?
It was like sitting in a hot room, staring at a glass of ice water, watching condensation drip down the outside. It was like fighting every single second of every day not to pick up that glass of water and take just a little sip. You know the water’s laced with poison, and eventually it’ll kill you. You know everyone will hate you if you give in. But you can’t see anything else, and you can’t think about anything else, and inside, you feel like you’re dying of thirst, and the longer you sit there, staring at this water, the more stupid you feel for letting yourself die of thirst when there’s a glass of water right there.
So you take a drink, and not only does everyone else hate you, but you hate yourself too.
2. What do you see when you look at Kaylee?
Strength. Beauty. Purity of soul. She’s everything I want to be, but can’t. The best I can do is hold her close and never let her go.
3. How do you feel about the rivalry between Kaylee and Sabine that revolves around you?
I feel guilty.
Sabine understands me in a way that Kaylee never has, and she needs me in a way that Kaylee never will. She doesn’t judge, and she’ll never leave. In a lot of ways, we’re two halves of the same coin. But she’s not Kaylee, and she never will be.
4. Describe the relationship between you and Tod.
We’re brothers. At one point or another, we’ve also been friends, rivals, and coconspirators. He’s known me since before I was born, and he’s seen every mistake I’ve ever made. I love him, but he drives me insane. I think he’s jealous of me because I lived and he died. I feel guilty about his death sometimes—it’s my fault, how the whole thing went down—but he would have died some other way, if I hadn’t been there. You can’t cheat death, right?
Except that he did.
He can’t move on, so he’s haunting me. Trying to live the life he lost through me. He’s always telling me what to do, but it’s none of his business how I live my life! His is over, and sometimes I really wish he’d just stay the hell out of mine.
5. Where do you see yourself 100 years from now?
I don’t know. And that’s kind of the point, isn’t it? I’m going to live several human lifetimes, and I’ll have to move every few years, to keep people from noticing that I don’t age. On the downside, I’ll never really put down roots. But on the other hand, anything’s possible. I can remake myself as often as I want. Endless do-overs. I hope Kaylee will be there. I hope Sabine will be there too. I’ll never lose touch with my mom, and I couldn’t get rid of Tod if I tried. So, I guess I see my future as full of new places and familiar faces. That doesn’t sound too bad, right?
6. IF I DIE opens with a revelation that Kaylee is going to die. What were you thinking when you found out?
I was thinking that it wasn’t fair. I lose everyone I care about. My dad. Tod. Doug. Scott. One way or another, they’re all gone, or they may as well be. Losing Kaylee too is just too much.
7. If you had six days to live, what would be on your bucket list?
Travel. I’d want to see the things I’ve never had a chance to see. Me and Kaylee, wandering around with no agenda, stopping whenever something looks interesting. But lately that’s starting to sound like a good plan not just for imminent death, but for life.
Now for more information on the giveaway:
1. Win two copies of IF I DIE books - one for you and one to share with a friend! Contest runs 24 hours only! To enter, answer one of the following question (which you can find posted on the Soul Screamers Facebook page):
Team Nash or Team Tod? Why??
Your chance to win a Nook Touch! US/Canada only. Runs until October 8th. Gather multiple entries:
- Follow Rachel Vincent on twitter +3
- “Like” Rachel Vincent on Facebook +3
- “Like” The Soul Screamers on Facebook +3
- Sign up for Rachel’s email subscription to get all the latest news from Rachel’s blog +3
- Promote the tour by adding the badge to your blog and link back to the tour page + 5
Add up your entries and fill out the form to be entered to win.
Want even more chances to win?!? Oh sure!
- Leave a comment on this blog +1 (up to 10 points if you comment at each tour stop)
Visit the other tour stops:
Monday, September 19th - The Story Siren
Wednesday, September 21st - Chasing Words
Friday, September 23rd - The Page Turners
Monday, September 26th - The Elliot Review
Tuesday, September 27th Book Birthday - Mundie Mom's
Wednesday, September 28th - Harlequin Blog
Friday, September 30th - IB Book Blogging
Monday, October 3rd - Electrifying Reviews
Wednesday, October 5th - A Cupcake and A Latte (YA Reads, Reviews and more)
Friday, October 7th- Teens Read and Write