Monday, August 15, 2011

Teenage Garage Sale with Susan Shaw, Author of Tunnel Vision





Today Susan Shaw is stopping by today to tell us about what would be in her garage sale of items from her teenage years.

A garage sale from my teenage years—I think some of those things are in my attic and scattered around the house. First and foremost would be my flute. Then maybe a music stand with some music on it. A recipe for my Aunt Hattie’s molasses cookies—the best in the world! A baseball bat, a hockey stick, a bed with a carved headboard, the pup tent I shared with my sister who knocked it over every night trying to find the exit on a family camping trip, the front porch swing, a collection of Agatha Christie mysteries, and the green gown I wore to my future husband’s senior prom.

Mmm...Molasses cookies sound good! Thanks for stopping by, Susan. Here is more about Tunnel Vision and Susan Shaw:

On her way home one evening, Liza has to force her way through a group of men in a train underpass. She doesn’t think anything of it, but when her mom is shot dead moments later, Liza’s world turns upside down. Even worse, Liza was really the target. Only hours after her mother’s death, Liza is nearly killed again and she and her dad are placed in the witness protection program. Leaving everything she's ever known behind, Liza and her dad pick up and move, never staying in one place for long. It's too big of a risk—and Liza's worst fear is realized when she gets recognized. The would-be killer is still on their trail, so all Liza ad her dad can do is keep running. Unsure whom to trust and where to go, they're just trying to stay alive.







Susan Shaw, a life-long Pennsylvanian, graduated from Radnor High School and earned her B. S. in music education from Temple University.  She and her husband live in Wayne, where they raised three children.
 

Susan Shaw is the author of Black-eyed Suzie (Boyds Mills Press, 2002), The Boy From The Basement (Dutton Books, 2004), Safe (Dutton Books, 2007), and One Of The Survivors (Simon and Schuster, 2009). Tunnel Vision will be released from Simon and Schuster this August.
Shaw’s books have been chosen for many awards and appear on many reading lists. They include The Texas Lone Star Reading List, The Texas Tayshas Reading List, ALA Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Readers, The New York Public Library Book for the Teen Age, and the Barnes and Noble Discover Great New Writers. Safe is a Carolyn W. Field Honor Book.
 

Contact Susan Shaw at susanshaw@susanshaw.org for information on library or school presentations.
 



8 comments:

  1. Love that she kept her prom dress from the future husband's prom! So cool:) I wish I had some musical talent, but alas I'm a complete failure in that department. These garage sale posts are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, I love it when people end up marrying their high school sweethearts! :)
    I used to play the flute, but I was horrible at it! Haha. Glad Susan stuck with it enough to actually be decent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Bailey! We've just award you with a blog friendship award! Check out our blog to see more about it! :)
    http://gilbertandgomez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of Tunnel Vision, it sounds like a real thriller. And I love molasses cookies. Awesome post, Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to play the flute! Or any musical instrument really - unfortunately I have no talent in that area :P. I really like the sound of Tunnel Vision, it definitely sounds like something I'd enjoy! Thanks for this :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew my hubs in high school, but we hated each other... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea for an author guest post! Molasses cookies do sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In this blog post i found such a useful stuff about the garage sale, i appreciates your writing and information you have posted such a great notes about the garage sale.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin