Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Review: Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton

November 15, 2010
Clarion Books

Synopsis:
Teagan Wylltson's best friend, Abby, dreams that horrifying creatures--goblins, shape-shifters, and beings of unearthly beauty but terrible cruelty--are hunting Teagan. Abby is always coming up with crazy stuff, though, so Teagan isn't worried. Her life isn't in danger. In fact, it's perfect. She's on track for a college scholarship. She has a great job. She's focused on school, work, and her future. No boys, no heartaches, no problems.

Until Finn Mac Cumhaill arrives. Finn's a bit on the unearthly beautiful side himself. He has a killer accent and a knee-weakening smile. And either he's crazy or he's been haunting Abby's dreams, because he's talking about goblins, too . . . and about being The Mac Cumhaill, born to fight all goblin-kind. Finn knows a thing or two about fighting. Which is a very good thing, because this time, Abby's right. The goblins are coming.

My Review:
Tyger Tyger is a remarkably terrifying tale full of goblins, sidhe, and evil beings at every turn! The eerie settings leave readers on the edge of their seats, holding their breathe for Teagan, Aidan, and Finn. Hamilton picks just the right times for moments between Teagan and Finn that make your heart flutter. I will most definitely be picking up the sequel!

Teagan has a great job at the zoo doing what she loves best, taking care of animals. When "cousin" Finn shows up, and she starts seeing things, she knows that something is up. It isn't until something horrible happens to someone in her family that she realizes that goblins are real and they are nasty. This unfortunate event is the catalyst that causes the goblins to go crazy, and for Teagan to make some frightening discoveries about her family that she would have never thought possible.

Teagan sweet and determined girl who isn't prepared for what happens when Finn walks into her life. She is thrown for a loop with the goblins and crazy Irish myths that turn out to be true! I really felt for her. So many awful things happen, and she has to make sure she can protect her brother along with herself. Thank goodness for Finn! They wouldn't be able to make it without him along for the ride. It is also with Finn that Teagan starts to feel sparks. Their romance is hesitant and sweet, for they both have issues with getting into a relationship. That doesn't stop fate from intervening.

The two guys in Tyger Tyger really stole my heart. One of them is of course Finn. He is the legendary Mac Cumhaill and able to fight against the goblinkind. He has a fierce nature that he needs to fight the goblins, but he also has a loving heart that brings him back down to earth. I can see why Teagan would fall for him, even if she doesn't need a boyfriend. The other guy that stole my heart is Teagan's brother Aiden. He is such a cutie pie. He knows his music and can sing like the best of him. There is also something special about him that is revealed later on that is shocking!

Tyger Tyger is a thrilling read that you won't be able to put down! If you haven't yet read this one, you are missing out on a sensational story.

My Rating:

12 comments:

  1. I totally fell in love with Aiden, too! He was so cute! I loved that he was a big part of the story. :)
    Thanks for the review! I felt pretty much the same way about Tyger, Tyger. Such a fun adventure story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book so long ago, and your review really helped me remember more about the story. Yes, I thought Aiden was so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I loved it too! Can't wait to start book 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved Tyger, Tyger and felt liked it got overlooked so I'm so happy you're reviewing it! The romance between Teagan and Finn was so sweet and hot, but not in the usual way at all. I think it was the resistance from each of them that made it hot.

    Any way, I have bk2!!! An ARC of course In The Forests of the Night set to come out November 19th and I've read a few pages and yowza!! It's good!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this one, but it sounds like something I'd really like! I'm going to have to check it out now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one I've been wanting to read for ages - I'm really intrigued by the goblins - I think I'd definitely liked this! Glad you enjoyed it, I'm gonna have to grab myself a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this book, glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't gotten around to this one yet. The cover seems pretty... fantasy-ish... so I was worried it would be a little dragged. But if you're calling it thrilling, I might have to change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I've been meaning to check this one out. I just know I'm going to love the mythology most of all! It sounds very original and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book has been on my shelf for a while now, and your review makes me want to pick it up and read it! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this one too. Did you know book 2 is on NetGalley?

    ReplyDelete
  12. you should review Hush,Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin