Monday, August 8, 2011

Review: The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

August 23, 2011
HarperCollins

Received from Publisher for an honest review

Synopsis:
I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.


My Review:
THE POWER OF SIX is an exciting, nail-biting follow up to the highly recognized I AM NUMBER FOUR. It is a way worthy predecessor and I couldn't stop thinking about it, even after turning the last page. All of our favorite characters are back, including a few new soon-to-be favorites who make the story that much more entertaining!

When the story opens, we are first introduced to Marina, who we soon find out is Number 7 among the Loriens. I quickly grew attached to her and wanted to know more about her life. Though Marina is not Number 4 (John Smith) she is in just as much danger as he is and there is just as much action surrounding her like! I was shocked at some of the things I learned through Marina, much of which is revealed near the end. I can't wait for more of Marina's story in the next book in this series!!

Of course John Smith is back and in just as much trouble as he was at the end of I AM NUMBER FOUR. He, Sam, and Six are on the look-out for Six's stolen Chest and for more of the Lorien's. I was so tired by the time I finished THE POWER OF SIX. These three went to so many different places, trained, encountered Mogodorians, AND learned more about themselves. So much goes on in THE POWER OF SIX that you won't have a moment to even think about being bored.

I am going to go crazy waiting for the next installment in this series!! The ending leaves off at the perfect moment, leaving us craving more, more, more!

My Rating:

12 comments:

  1. Awesome review! :D And I love that you managed to avoid spoilers. Thanks for that!

    I'm so excited for this one, so it's good to know that you loved it so much!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome review I can't wait to read this one. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like a blast ... can't wait to get my hands on the book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I really want to read this! I was a pretty big fan of I am Number Four but this one sounds even better! I can't wait to pick this one up.

    Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH, I want to read this book even more! Thanks for the awesome review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading this right now, and I know what you mean about suspense!! I don't want it to end! Awesome review, Bailey :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fast-paced, suspenseful books! Sounds like The Power of Six lived up to its predecessor! I can't wait to read it! Great review, Bailey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely need to read the first book in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so surprised by I Am Number Four, so I am really looking forward to this one. Glad to know you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Though I was initially turned off by all the controversy surrounding the authors of this book, I have to say that all the reviews I've read for the series, yours included, have got me really wanting to read it! I love books with tons of action and it sounds like this one truly delivers that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh--I've been looking forward to this one. I really liked Six and her kick-butt attitude (and, well, ability to kick butt!). Great review!
    Mary @ BookSwarm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... I can't wait to get my hands on this.
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin