Sunday, August 14, 2011

Review: Love Story by Jennifer Echols

July 19, 2011
MTV Books

Synopsis:
For Erin Blackwell, majoring in creative writing at the New York City college of her dreams is more than a chance to fulfill her ambitions--it's her ticket away from the tragic memories that shadow her family's racehorse farm in Kentucky. But when she refuses to major in business and take over the farm herself someday, her grandmother gives Erin's college tuition and promised inheritance to their maddeningly handsome stable boy, Hunter Allen. Now Erin has to win an internship and work late nights at a coffee shop to make her own dreams a reality. She should despise Hunter . . . so why does he sneak into her thoughts as the hero of her latest writing assignment?

Then, on the day she's sharing that assignment with her class, Hunter walks in. He's joining her class. And after he reads about himself in her story, her private fantasies about him must be painfully clear. She only hopes to persuade him not to reveal her secret to everyone else. But Hunter devises his own creative revenge, writing sexy stories that drive the whole class wild with curiosity and fill Erin's heart with longing. Now she's not just imagining what might have been. She's writing a whole new ending for her romance with Hunter . . . except this story could come true.


My Review:
Love Story is a magically charming read that is sure to delight all readers of the YA genre. There were so many aspects in this book that excited and shocked me! I fell in love with Erin's crush, and I felt her emotions like they were my own. Echols easily sets her self apart from other novels in her genre. Do not pass up on this fantastic story.

Erin was a delightful protagonist. She is brave, smart, and knows what she wants. She gives up her inheritance for a chance at a writing career, and I have to applaud her for straying from a path that she never wanted to take. I loved that she never denied or ignored her feelings for Hunter. Even though she doesn't understand why she is drawn to him so much, she still can't help but fall for him. The situations that she gets in make for an entertaining and heartfelt read. I was rooting for her the whole time!

And then there is Hunter... He was so hard to understand at first, but as the novel went on, I got to understand him better. I can see why she felt so strongly for him. He is an extremely complicated guy who has quite a background. The chemistry between Hunter and Erin is palpable! Every time they get together, the sparks practically fly off the pages!!

Echols has crafted a beautiful love story that I couldn't stop thinking about after I finished. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good YA romance.


My Rating:

10 comments:

  1. I love to see sparks fly, and Erin sounds like such a great character! I've been meaning to pick up Love Story...it just sounds too cute! :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I've been wanting to read this book for a while now and I'm glad you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard mixed things about this one, but I really love what you had to say for it in your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for the great review! I recently received this book but I'm hesitant to read it. I tried reading Echol's Forget You, but couldn't get into it/finish it. :/ Hopefully, I'll enjoy this one like you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Love Story! Going Too Far is still may favourite, but this was another great romantic drama novel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time I came across this book, it didn't really appeal to me. But your review has me rethinking that. Might just have to pick this one up now. Thanks for the review!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been reading quite a few mixed reviews for this book so I am glad to see a positive one for it. I really like the sound of the character especially the complicated Hunter. Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only heard good things about this one and can't wait to read it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! I knew you would like it :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was the first book that I have read by Jennifer Echols and Love Story was a sweet romance and perfect story but to be honest I didn’t like the ending of the book and felt it was a bit rushed. But, overall I found the story was good.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin