Friday, June 3, 2011

Review: The Neon Graveyard by Vicki Pettersson

May 31, 2011
Eos

**Major spoilers ahead if you haven't read the previous books in the Zodiac series**

From Goodreads:
It had once been foretold that Joanna Archer would resolve the eternal battle of Shadow and Light. So much for prophecy. Now she, pregnant and endangered, is just another mortal, stripped of power, identity, and fortune. In the sixth and final Vicki Pettersson Zodiac novel, Archer begins her steep, steep climb back. Now in a mass market paperback and NOOKbook original. (P.S. Pettersson's novels have been praised for their blend of dark fantasy and hard-boiled mystery with elements of romance and apocalyptic thriller.)

My Review:
I have been waiting years for this final novel of the Zodiac series to come. Sure, there is one book released every year in the Zodiac series but each one brings much pain and anger for Joanna. When I found out that The Neon Graveyard would be the final novel in the series, I think I might have sighed. While I have enjoyed each and every book in this series, they have all made me cry for all that Joanna has to go through on her journey. This series is raw and real and doesn't skimp on the details. I think that is what I love most about this series, that it reflects what life is truly about: pain, loss, and suffering with a side of happiness. The Neon Graveyard is the perfect way to wrap up the series and I smiled when I finally closed the novel.

Joanna is back with a vengeance and will not stop until she rescues Hunter from the evil Solange. Even though Joanna is mortal, she can still kick some serious butt! No one will stand in her way of getting to Hunter. The action is non-stop and I don't even remember a time when Joanna stopped to sleep! I was even exhausted after finishing, it is that action-packed! Being pregnant has not gentled Joanna at all. I have to say, it didn't shock me at all that pregnancy didn't slow her down. Her love for Hunter is so powerful and she knows he suffers while with Solange. Her baby's daddy will survive no matter what she has to do!

I didn't think Solange could get any nastier but boy was I wrong. She has gone even madder in The Neon Graveyard! I was horrified each time she had page time. Honestly, I don't know how Hunter was ever fooled by her. She puts Joanna through many tough trials and many shocking things are revealed in her presence! The Tulpa also gets his fair share of page time. Joanna has to deal with both him and Solange before she can finally get some much needed rest.

Vicki Pettersson sure know how to end a series! The ending was exactly what I could have wanted. It wasn't too happily ever after but it was just enough. I really don't know how to feel knowing that this is the last in the Zodiac series. While I am happy that Joanna can finally get some closure and the peace that she deserves, I am sad that it has come to an end. I loved every moment of this series, even the bad ones. One week I am just going to have to put aside all of my other books and sit down to re-read this series once again.

My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know the series ends strong! I had to quit after Hunter's secret identity was revealed--it was just a few too many crazy plot twists for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin