Thursday, June 2, 2011

Review: Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh

May 31, 2011
Berkley Hardcover

From Goodreads:
Since the moment of her defection from the PsyNet and into the SnowDancer wolf pack, Sienna Lauren has had one weakness. Hawke. Alpha and dangerous, he compels her to madness.

Hawke is used to walking alone, having lost the woman who would've been his mate long ago. But Sienna fascinates the primal heart of him, even as he tells himself she is far too young to handle the wild fury of the wolf.

Then Sienna changes the rules and suddenly, there is no more distance, only the most intimate of battles between two people who were never meant to meet. Yet as they strip away each other's secrets in a storm of raw emotion, they must also ready themselves for a far more vicious fight…

A deadly enemy is out to destroy SnowDancer, striking at everything they hold dear, but it is Sienna's darkest secret that may yet savage the pack that is her home…and the alpha who is its heartbeat…


My Review:
I have been waiting for Hawke's novel since the very moment we were introduced to him in the series. Throughout the stories, readers have been given just a taste for what was to come for Hawke through his encounters with Sienna. I have to say that Kiss of Snow will definitely satisfy those who have been anxiously awaiting Hawke and Sienna's story. Kiss of Snow was just what I would have wanted and so much more. I never know what to expect when diving into a book by Singh but I know that she will make me very happy by the time I have turned the last page. If you haven't yet started this series, you are missing out on a phenomenal world full of romance, mystery, changelings, and Psy.

This is probably one of the hardest reviews I have had to write because this series is sooo good. I don't know that my descriptions can do the story line and characters justice but I will try.  There was so much tension between Hawke and Sienna in the previous novels. Hawke is convinced that Sienna is not for him because she is too young and he lost his mate when he was younger. He feels that Sienna deserves more than what he can give her so he pulls away from her. Sienna is definitely not okay with this. Sure, she is 19 but she feels like she is much older with all she has gone through being an XPsy and living under the supervision of Ming, a brutal Psy. She feels the strong connection between her and Hawke and will not let him ignore it. Much flirting, wolf play, and driving Hawke crazy ensues. There is so much chemistry between these two that it practically comes alive off the pages! These two are made for each other yet have to overcome many hurdles to finally come to an understanding with each other.

Throughout the story, we get glimpses of what is going on with different Psy and the danger that the changelings are in. The Psy have realized what a real threat the changelings are to them and they will stop at nothing to take them down. On a happier note, Lucas and Sasha have their share of time in the story and their baby finally comes into the world! I have been waiting since the moment they found out about the baby for it to be born! I can't wait to see where life will take Lucas and Sasha next with their baby by their side. There are also a romance that develops between Walker and Lara. A lot goes on between these two and I was glad that we got to see their story interwoven with Hawke's and Sienna's.

I don't know that I can brag enough about Kiss of Snow. Besides the first novel, Slave to Sensation, this has to be the best one yet! Hawke is so complex and alpha that I loved seeing him fall to Sienna. That being said, this is a very complicated storyline that would be best read in order of the release of the books. Each one is a treasure in its own right so I would not miss a single book if I were you and just discovering the series!

My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!!!! I loved this one so much too, I could hardly contain my excitement over this book and couldn't read it fast enough:) I completely agree with you on Hawke, both he and Sienna were so complex and interesting and their romantic tension just about drove me crazy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin