Saturday, June 4, 2011

Guest Post: Cyndi Tefft

Cyndi Tefft, author of Between, is stopping by today to talk about things she loves to do. If you haven't heard of Between, here is a synopsis below:
 
It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.

Stuff I Love to Do (Besides Write) 
By Cyndi Tefft 
Writing can be a pretty lonely endeavor, as the interaction is with made-up people in my own head. I’m a social person at heart, so most of what I love to do involves spending time with other people. Here are a few of the things that make me happy:

Singing

My mom was the singer in a rock band called Movin’ On when I was a kid. They practiced in the pianist’s living room at a decibel level that could peel paint from the walls. I would usually fall asleep on the couch, oblivious to the loud music. One of my greatest memories is the day they finally let me step up to the mic. I sang Vacation by The Go Go’s. I was on cloud nine.
These days, I sing on stage at church twice a month and sometimes do special presentations (like Good Friday, Easter and Christmas). I love singing with the other people on the worship team, particularly since I can’t harmonize to save my life! Music is in my blood and will always be a big part of who I am.

Travel

I’ve had the chance to go to several states across the US as part of my day job, but last year was the first time I’d been to Europe. My husband and I spent two and a half weeks in France and Scotland. The travel bug bit me hard and I can’t wait to go back! We’re planning a trip to England next year (and may sneak over to Scotland while we’re there).
I fell in love with Scotland while reading Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series, and writing my own Scottish hero sealed the deal. Being able to visit Eilean Donan Castle, the childhood home of Aiden MacRae in Between, was a dream come true. I made a video to share the experience with you!

Ping Pong

Say what? I know, it looks pretty funny in this list, but it’s true. I love to play ping pong (and some might even say I’m not half bad)! At my last job, I played every day at lunch with people who routinely wiped the floor with me. That just spurred me on, since I have an over-developed competitive spirit. This video is one of my favorites!
Thanks for having me on the blog. I had a great time!

Thanks for stopping by, Cyndi!


3 comments:

  1. I love all those things, too! (I totally get what you mean about ping pong...it's really fun to challenge your friends!) Great guest post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to sing too, and even though I suck one of my families favorite things is hooking up the game console and singing karaoke together :)

    Plus, Ping-Pong is great even if I am the worst player in history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren and Angel,

    We should connect with Bailey and set up a ping pong doubles tournament! LOL :)

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin