Thursday, September 2, 2010

Review: Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers


September 14, 2010

Won from a Contest

From Goodreads:
Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She's spent years keeping everyone at a distance—even her closest friends—and it seems her senior year will be more of the same...until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can't seem to stay away from him. What she doesn't know is that Luc works in Acquisitions—for Hell—and she possesses a unique skill set that has the King of Hell tingling with anticipation. All Luc has to do is get her to sin, and he’s as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance.

Unfortunately for Luc, Heaven has other plans, and the angel, Gabe, is going to do whatever it takes to make sure that Luc doesn’t get what he came for. And it isn't long before they find themselves fighting for more than just her soul.

But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay…for all of them.


My Review:
Personal Demons was so unique and amazing. The idea behind the book was very original, with Heaven and Hell fighting for Frannie's special soul. Nothing in the story was predictable and I found myself gasping at new revelations and surprises!

Frannie was such a joy! I loved how she was the rebel in her goody-goody Catholic family. I found it extremely amusing that her and her sisters had the same first name, Mary. What kind of crazy parents would do this to their poor daughters?! Talk about confusing! Frannie also happens to be a 5'2 judo black belt who can throw not-so-small guys to the ground! Talk about amazing!! She has such a fresh voice and is a very relatable teen. Well, besides the fact that she has Heaven and Hell fighting for her soul! I really enjoyed her interactions with Luc. One minute she's hot for him, the next minute she can't wait to have him out of her sight! Their relationship was very hot and cold, though mostly hot with Luc involved!

Luc was so steamy (literally)! He was sarcastic, full of himself, and such a bad boy! Personal Demons would not have been the same had Lisa Desrochers chosen not to have part of the book in his point of view. I could really understand his motives better and I felt sad at times for his situation. I loved reading about Luc, the very, very bad demon who slowly falls in love with Frannie. He was very hot headed but could also be such a sweetie. There was so much character development with Luc, until the very last page of the book. I can't wait to see what is in store for him in the sequel to Personal Demons.

I really don't know what to feel about Gabe. He really never stood a chance with Frannie, at least to me, compared to Luc. Maybe I would have felt more of a connection to Gabe, had his point of view been told from in Personal Demons, but he just didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy like Luc. Though his moments with Frannie were sweet, I didn't feel much chemistry between Gabe and Frannie, atleast compared the the sparks that were flying off the page whenever Luc and Frannie were together!

The ending to the book left me wanting so much more! I need to know what else is in store for Frannie, and what will happen involving the twist at the end of Personal Demons! I loved Personal Demons and would recommend it to anyone looking for an amazing YA paranormal read.

My Rating:

5 Stars

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful review! So happy that Personal Demons made you =)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, indeed, looking for an amazing paranormal read and fully intend on picking this book up. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing a lot of this book lately, and for good reason! I love the fact that the main character is rebelious - that makes for an exciting read! Fabulous review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been debating picking this up and after so many good reviews I think I may just have to. Thanks for a fab review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many great things about this book! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    PS. thanks for hopping by! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek! I can't wait for this one to come out. I keep reading awesome reviews, and I love reading about angel/demon mythology. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I am so jealous. I've been wanting this for so long!

    And, you'll never guess--I actually know two sisters both named Mary. They both look alike so it's extra confusing. It's so funny when one of them gets called down to the office. All they can do is look at each other, sigh, then get up to go to the office. The secretaries always look confused.

    And great review, by the way! I am now even more psyched up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've come across a lot of buzz about this book on different book blogs but your review is the first one that I really read in depth and now I'm stoked to read this book- thanks!

    Emily
    What Book is That?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just won this book and can't wait to read it sounds so good and great reviews about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin