Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White


Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Received from Publisher for Review

From Goodreads:
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

My Review:
I bleeping loved Paranormalcy! There is no other book out there like it. It was so unique and all of the characters were a joy. This is a book not to be missed for paranormal lovers.

Evie was so adorable, witty, funny, and such a sweetie. A very down-to-earth girl in a not-so-normal world. Evie is very precious jewel to the paranormal agency, IPAC, that took her in for her unique ability to see through glamours.
She feels bored and lonely and wishes for a normal life, with a real family that will love her. I really felt for her undesirable life and was shocked that she could still be upbeat and peppy. The introduction of the dreamy shapeshifter Lend throws her for a loop and she starts to question IPAC and what they really want from her. She makes some pretty shocking discoveries about herself and wonders what the truth is. While Evie is trying to find out who she really is, there are unexplained paranormal deaths that are occuring and she is somehow connected to them. Evie is in for the ride of her life in Paranormalcy.

Lend was such a cutie. He was the perfect match for Evie, very laid back and sweet. Although I do tend to prefer guys with a wild side in my YA, I felt that Lend was the right guy for Evie. She would not have connected with a bad boy and her romance with Lend stays true to her character. Lend is a very unique shapeshifter, one I have never even heard of before. I really enjoyed learning about all that he could do and the background behind him. I especially loved the romance between him and Evie. It was very sweet and believable. I liked that they didn't immediatly fall in love. They took their time in getting to know and trust each other and I could understand their relationship.

Paranormalcy's plot was shocking and not at all predictable. I had no idea where the book was going or what would happen to the characters. I found myself crying with Evie during her heartbreaking moments, and laughing during her best ones. The ending of Paranormalcy sets it up nicely for a sequel and I can't wait to find out more!

Paranormalcy
was so extraordinary and such a breath of fresh air! I am completely in love with Kiersten White's world and I can't wait to go back to visit it. Her characters were all likeable and the plot was unpredictable. So if you haven't read Paranormalcy yet, give it a try! You're in for a real treat!

My Rating:

5 Stars

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree, I loved Paranormalcy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paranormalcy sounds so good! The protagonist sounds like a breath of fresh air, and I have a feeling I'll like her. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must.Get.Paws.On.This.

    LOL
    I'm so going to try to get this one :) Just sounds like the kind of book I will love.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds amazing and I have been wanting to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to read this book so much, and your review just reinforces what I've already heard about the Paranormalcy hype! I love books where the romance isn't just BAM-we're in love, either, so I'm really eager about this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this book sounds sooo good!! I can't wait tog et a copy and read it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and make sure to read everyone of them. I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin